Sunday, November 7, 2010

Live About Being a Christian

If you don't take time away from the routine of the day and reflect a little about your life. It can slip away so easily you wouldn't even realize it. So every now and then I would sit down like this, I would take some time off, just to see how am I going about in life. Am I doing what I am supposed to do, or have I gone astray.





I do not have a very regular life, not the one I wished I had nor would I choose the same road twice if given another chance. We don't get to choose everything in life, esspecially those pre-determined factors. But how we deal with it or Whom we choose to believe, that we determine.





I guess by now you have realized I spelt the word Whom with a capital letter. The greatest decision I have made in life, to say it plainly is to believe in Jesus Christ and God Himself. I am not going to convince you to join Christianity, my imperfection is glaringly revealed in my lack of interest to bother about your salvation. I am here to declare the gospel, in the clearest way, as accurately as I know how, not to sell it.





I'm afraid the church that I know of, might not be the same as you have perceived. For a start church is not a place where we go and learn what is right or wrong. People know what is right and wrong. They just don't have the power to do the right thing all the time. We all struggle in this area. And some of us feel bad about ourselves for the things we've done. We don't need another religious teacher to remind us of what we should and shouldn't do. What we need is a Saviour.





There are no formulas on how to be a good Christian. Mostly because there is never such a thing as a good Christian. One can be better than the other, but none can be good enough.





My former pastor used to ask us to wake up at 5.30 a.m. in the morning to pray. Read the bible at least one chapter a day.They call it spiritual dicipline, they also have spiritual warfare from time to time, it was mostly chanting against the air. It is believed that when you do such things, somehow you will get closer to God. They did it in vain. I know so because I did it with them.





I am not asking you to try another method that works, I am asking you to please stop trying. We tried so much, we got so full of ourselves. We wanted to do so many things. For a moment I thought I was God. Trying to save this world from spiritual warfare. Have you gone astray?





This is the gospel. Jesus loves me so much, His love was beautiful, but my sins were ugly. Against a God that cannot possible tolerate my sinful ways, Jesus paid a ransom to save me. He paid up His life, so that I may have mine. I cheated death.





And so it was the story goes, it was never about me. It was and still is, about Him. I don't go to church to learn what I should do, I go to church to learn what He has done. There is nothing left for us to do because Jesus has done it all, it is therefore - finished.





Our lives is a finished story written about on a cross. One might worry about what He should do now, because I've clearly said so that there is nothing left to do. But human, being human, we must do something less we can't rest. I say you stand on the mount of crucifiction, and you look upon the now empty cross. Perhaps if you stared long enough. You might just realize what I am trying to say all this while.

3 comments:

Esther said...

I totally agree with you. I was also brought up in a church that taught me to abstain from many things, to be disciplined spiritually. Waking up at 5.30am, prayers with fix duration etc. However, I find myself struggling and condemming myself everytime I fail to follow whatever that had been taught. However, now, I have known the gospel of Grace. Which is God's grace is given freely as a gift to all. No striving or struggling. Just receive it. That was really liberating!

Anonymous said...

I've also just rediscovered Jesus after so many years. Thank you for the inspirational post!

Riyo

Blogger said...

If you're looking to lose kilograms then you certainly need to try this brand new custom keto plan.

To create this service, certified nutritionists, fitness couches, and professional cooks have joined together to develop keto meal plans that are powerful, painless, money-efficient, and fun.

From their first launch in early 2019, thousands of individuals have already transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a good keto plan can give.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-tested ones offered by the keto plan.

Post a Comment